B. B.

It appears that B. B. King has died.



This is one of the first blues songs I ever learned, now over 40 years ago.  I learned it from a B. B. King race album I had the luck to find in a record store in San Francisco. I still have it, and its four companions that I bought at the same time.  Now, my guitar-playing son is listening to them, and I hope he can hear in them what I did. These early B. B. cuts are, in my opinion, the greatest blues guitar playing of all time.  The simplicity and perfection of what he did in the late '50's and early '60's has never been equaled in my opinion.  It's the reason why I never tried to play fast- you really don't need it if your head is in the right place.

I managed to see him perform three or four times, but not for many years.

There is just nothing I could ever say that can express what a loss this is, so I won't try.

Comments

Magpie said…
yep... sad to hear about it.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas