Johnny Winter

Bye bye Johnny



I hope you won't mind my turning away from politics for a minute.  I'm a very big blues fan, and just wanted to note the passing of Johnny Winter.  The above song doesn't display as much of Winter's unbelievably fast lead work, for which he was so famous (although there is some pretty hot lead playing later in the cut,) but it's a great song, and suits the mood of the day, I think.  I love the switch from the country style at the beginning into the very electric shuffle at the end.

Winter's work was less well known than a lot of other people's playing, I think, although everybody knows who he was.  If you've never heard him, give this a try, and then maybe find a little more on YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Okay, Never Mind

Wingnut Wrapup

Hamas